Instagram ;D

Ads

Monday, April 28, 2014

Jo&YumYum: Stateland Cafe

Hola! I'm back to blogging after missing for so long! Pardon my negligence as I've started my bridging course on 2 full weekends and had just ended my exam only on last Tuesday. Mian-hae (미안)!!! >.<

Well, Christine and I had a brainwave last Thursday and we both wanted an impromptu meetup after work! Heeehx! Great mind thinks alike (: Had been wanting to pay Stateland Cafe a visit and since Christine wanted to try their Red Velvet Waffles so why not?! *throw confetti*

I've been guilty of not going to Stateland Cafe when they were newly opened because Lex has told me at the beginning of the year to visit them asap! Sorry bro, but am here now! Better be late than never!


Stateland Cafe
30 Bali Lane
Operating hours:
Mon12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Wed - Thu12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sun11:00 am - 6:00 pm
--------------------

Stateland Cafe is operated by 3 young lads, which are also my friend's best buds, pumped in huge sum of hard-earned money to realize their dream. I envy their bravery to venture into cafe business, less to say that there's already so many cafes out there with their specialty dishes, so, how do this Stateland Cafe mark their stand?

Well, many should know that Stateland Cafe has appeared on various media for their specialty dessert, Red Velvet Waffles, but hold your horses people, they have more things to offer! Not only do they offer all-day breakfast, they also have a selection of pasta and toast to satisfy your daily needs and cravings! Prices aren't too steep, still affordable I guess?




Self-serviced; we are to find a seat on our own and get our own cutlery upon food served. That's alright for me actually, they don't charge for GST and SVC so it doesn't really matter. Oh ya, be sure to have enough cash when you visit them 'cuz they didn't subscribe to NETS at the moment!


Somehow, these little decorations caught my attention. I like it when they accessorized their tables, making their customers feel welcomed and cozy at the same time (:

The wait for our food was still bearable. It's reasonable for food to take a little longer to be served 'cuz there's only a chef working at it. As long as it's served well, it'll be worth the wait.

Strawberry Lemonade - $4.90
Christine ordered this and took a sip for trial.
It's too sweet for my liking and we both agree that the strawberry syrup tasted more than the lemonade.

Mint Lemonade - $4.90
Drank coffee during the day so I opt for a cooling & refreshing drink instead.
Mix the mint leave with the drink and fragrance of the mint will slowly come out after a single sip.
*Recommended*

I love the song choices too, however, it might be a tad too loud for us to converse in our seats. Maybe they can, hmmm per say, tune it abit softer?


Egg Benedict - $14.90
Christine's order came first and poor girl, she waited for my dish to start the dinner with me :(
Totally not disappointed with the eggs at all, but it would be good if hollandaise sauce could give more? There's add on ingredients at the bottom of their menu list, so if you find it not filling enough, can add things, such as sausages or bacon to the dish?
*Recommended*


Egg Style - $13.90
Chose scrambled eggs out the three and I definitely don't regret it. The eggs are very creamy and fluffy! Wonder how they make those?!! Topped with sautee mushroom and broiche as base, this is definitely one of the dish you would opt for if you want more proteins and yet to satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time! Portion is a tad small but the quality of it, daebak!
*Recommended*

The Red Velvet - $14.90
Last but not least, the long awaited dessert has arrived! Christine has been eyeing on this baby after browsing through their news article that very morning! I have to really salute to their idea on coming up with this creative dessert. Who would have thought of whipping up Red Velvet waffle when Red Velvet can only happen on cakes and cupcakes?! Kudos max!
Unique velvet based waffles topped with dark chocolate and frozen raspberries is the best combination ever! It's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and it doesn't taste too sweet at all! No wonder it is make known in the papers for its originality, creativity and unique taste!
*Recommended*

Like seriously, what's there more to say when this young cafe of not more than 3 months old, make a remarkable stand in world of cafes. Of course, this might not be the best of the best, but it's definitely worth the calories and moolahs! Will definitely be back for their toast and coffee someday! Try it out and you will not regret! (:

2 comments:

  1. Haha nice right! The owners happen to be my army mates =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmn I think I neva see red velvet waffles when I visit tht time

    ReplyDelete