Instagram ;D

Ads

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Emotions

What exactly is an emotion? I know it may seems stupid but I actually Google about this word - 
Emotion is often the driving force behind motivation, positive or negative. An alternative definition of emotion is a "positive or negative experience that is associated with a particular pattern of physiological activity."


Given by the explanation given from Wikipedia, in lay man terms, emotion is an reaction upon experiencing an activity. Let's say for example, if a guy is to buy flowers and surprise you at your door, you will feel happy and loved or if someone stole  your toys, you will feel unhappy and hurt. Feeling is triggered from the way an action impacted on you, something others couldn't see, but for emotion, it portrays your feeling. You smile when you feel happy, you cry when you're sad and for some, they remained as poker-faced. People with poker face do have feelings, just that they don't show it out for everyone to see.





And why exactly do I decide to write about a post about "Emotions"? Well, I've been experiencing some not-so-good event/stuff lately and probably ranted alot on Twitter (so sorry about it!), so I guess it'll be good if I sum it up here?




For those who have been friends with me for long, you will know that I'm not a very good-tempered person and I get too emotional and over-think stuffs and ever since I've been out of an relationship, I told myself that I should be patient and positive about my life. I started to read articles on Elite Daily and Thought Catolog to actually help myself to be a better person. Over the years, I will probably cry about puny stuffs that I'm very frustrated with and afterwards, I'll realized that I was so stupid for allowing the feelings to consume me. However, after reading those articles and with the help of my dear friends, I will tend to look on the brighter side of life. Just like now, I'll probably have to delay the start of my Degree Course because of financial difficulties, and instead of dwelling that I might not graduate by the age of 25, I tell myself that, for now, I can save $ and at the same time, fill up my time for dancing and catching up with friends.


So what's up with work? Colleagues were all getting along well and work for me seems to be smooth sailing (at the moment). Although there may be some hiccups along the way, but it seems fine for me. However, I realized that my perception changed when I was going through rough times at work. I remembered few months ago, I was having exam stress and it was the peak of the month, so work is pretty hectic and fast-paced for me and I can't really breathe. I received an internal (and unreasonable) request from colleagues and literally broke down infront of my computer AND NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT ANYTHING. No that they were heartless, but, it's because I didn't tell anyone about it. I believe it was a surge of the moment and broke to tears without me realizing it. Same goes to some mistakes that I've made during work, till now, I still hate myself for making silly mistakes and instead of going around and ranting to colleagues, I just laughed at it and amend the changes. It's like a subtle acknowledgement of my mistakes and accepting it positively is what I chose to do. I truly believe that accepting own's mistake is way better than proving that I'm in no wrong. It's not about surrendering and lose face, however, it's about accepting flaws and change for the better. (:




"Don't worry and be happy (like a bee!) - Yes, continue to be happy and move on from the negative side of life. Always remember that you're responsible for your own happiness and no one is to be blamed if you allow negativity to get into you. You can be happy if you choose HAPPINESS (:

No comments:

Post a Comment